Sierra Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, documents applications received and provides each applicant the opportunity to self identify their race and gender. For these reasons, the following Applicant Policy has been adopted.
1. Applications must either be submitted online or on a Sierra Construction Company paper application. All applicants must specify the job(s) for which they are applying. Applicants who indicate “any job” on the application form will not be considered.
2. After an application has been reviewed for the specific position applied for, Sierra Construction Company reserves the right to redirect the application for consideration for other appropriate open and/or posted positions for which the applicant may be suitably qualified.
3. Applications will be actively considered for 30 days. After that period of time an applicant will be required to re-apply if a position becomes available. Applications and resumes that are received for a position that is not currently open will be retained in an inactive file for 90 days, and are not considered for applicant tracking purposes.
4. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Although an applicant may submit a resume along with their application, the application form must be completed in its entirety for consideration. Stating “See Resume” is not acceptable.
5. Sierra Construction Company is a State-Registered Apprentice Training Agent through Construction Apprenticeship Training Council (CATC). Therefore, Sierra hires only laborers and journey level carpenters directly. All apprentice level carpenters must apply through CATC. If you are interested in applying, contact them directly. http://www.catcwa.org
6. Sierra Construction Company is committed to providing its employees and customers with a Drug-Free workplace. Therefore, as a part of this commitment, all final candidates for employment will be required to take and pass a Urine Drug Screen (UDS) for drugs prior to any offer of employment.
7. As part of its employment application process, Sierra Construction Co., Inc. may obtain a consumer report for employment purposes as part of a background investigation. Inquiry may include, but is not limited to: conviction records, motor vehicle records, credit checks, references, and copies of prior personnel files.
8. All applications must be directed to the Human Resources department to be logged and considered as an applicant.
9. If you need assistance applying for a position, please contact Human Resources at 425.487.5200.